In the excitement of witnessing the dawn of a new era in computing, we often overlook the fact that while many of us understand the benefits of cloud computing, there are many more that are just beginning this exciting journey.
For those just getting started, here’s a few quotes on the subject and a brief snapshot of the advantages. Can you think of any more benefits?
“Using ‘Clouds’ for computing tasks promises a revolution in IT similar to the birth of the web and e-commerce” — McKinsey March, 2009
- Save time. Ease of execution, fast to deploy – implement a cloud solution faster than on premise deployments
- Save money through greater flexibility, paying only for what you use – scale up or down based on your real time business needs, and
- Access latest application functionality supported by skilled IT resources in reputable and reliable Cloud Service Providers like Amazon and Google
Save on the IT costs of purchasing, supporting, and maintaining server and storage systems / hardware.
- No hardware to order, acquire, configure, test, deploy, install, implement, manage, support, maintain, upgrade, and warranty.
- No significant capital outlays, and operational expenditures.
Save on the IT costs of purchasing, supporting, and maintaining software systems.
- No packaged software to order, acquire, configure, test, deploy, install, implement, manage, support, maintain, and upgrade.
- No software / application licensing fees, significant capital outlays, operational expenditures, and software updates.
Achieve higher quality of service than most internal IT departments.
Greater mobility, web based anywhere, anytime access.
More efficient collaboration – no more e.mailing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations back and forth.
Go Green – Greater environmental sustainability due to higher efficiencies in energy conservation and systems utilization.
Improve overall IT responsiveness by offloading all non-critical systems and functions to the Cloud and allowing IT to focus on critical “on premise” systems.
-Tune The Future-