Cloud computing continues to gain steam, and it has been some time since we first asked, who is gaining your mind share? As previously noted in the 4Q09 article, this list is a subjective impression of Cloud Service Providers (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) on the cloud computing radar. As usual, large technology companies like AT&T, Dell, EMC, HP, Microsoft, Unisys, and others where cloud computing is a small part of their overall offering portfolio have been excluded.
So here is my list of the Top 25 Cloud Services Providers gaining mind share in the first quarter of 2010.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Service (S3), andVirtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Salesforce.com / Sales Cloud 2 (CRM), Service Cloud 2 (Support), Force.com (Development Platform), Chatter (Collaboration)
- Google Apps (AppEngine)
- Citrix – XenServer (Virtualization)
- VMWare – vSphere (Virtualization)
- Rackspace – Mosso
- 3Tera – AppLogic
- Appirio – Cloud Connectors
- Relational Networks – LongJump
- Enomaly – Elastic Compute Platform (ECP)
Other excellent lists and points of reference:
Who’s on your cloud computing radar?
-Tune The Future-